CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Ups & Downs of Life

A close up shot of Rosie's new collar

How cute is her profile?

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. My father has been very ill with complications from heart disease. We rushed to NH last Thursday thinking he probably would not make it through the weekend. All 5 of his children were with him and we had some great moments together. He pulled through and is doing somewhat better but according to his doctor he is at the end stage of Heart disease. We are not sure how much time he has left. He’s on oxygen and can’t get out of bed on his own. He has moments of clarity but mostly he’s very confused. It has been a real rollercoaster. I haven’t been great at keeping in touch b/c I’m just feeling emotionally drained. I’m trying to process everything and it has just been hard. Please pray for my father Bob.

On a happy note, we were matched for the 3rd and hopefully final time with a baby boy due at the end of this month. He will be born in Nevada and he is Biracial (his birth mom is African American and his birth dad is Caucasian.) We are excited but scared b/c of our last two failed adoptions. Our baby will be born in Carson City, Nevada so if any of my friends from the Sacramento area feel like taking a road trip we’d be thrilled. We will have to stay in Nevada for about a week. We are not allowed to leave the state until all the legal paperwork is completed. Please keep us in your prayers. We need all the support we can get!!!! Thanks all and we’ll keep you all posted as things progress.


A few weeks ago we bought Rosie a really cute new collar. My nieces picked it out for her in Newport. I think she looks so pretty in it :) For some reason I can't get the pics to move from the top of the page!
Adios

Keep on Keeping on!

4 comments:

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait...thankfully I know all of us in the family are holding each other up during the tough times with Bob.

I am so happy and anxious for you and Kyle with the baby...all my prayers are with you guys every day!

Rosie continues to be the CUTEST little angel...love her new collar:) so chic!

Love
Mo

Steph MacDonald said...

Cait,
I'm so sorry you are going through such a difficult time with your father. I know how emotionally draining it can be. Please know I am thinking of you!
I hope that you will be able to bring this little baby boy home. I'm so nervous for you and Kyle. When will you be able to find out more? The end of May he is being born? Please tell me what you need so that I can help you welcome him into your home. Can't wait. I'll have my fingers (and toes if I can manage) crossed for you guys.

Love Steph

Kerri said...

Hi Caitm
I'm so sorry about your dad. My thoughts are with you.

I can't go to Carson City, because I'll be in FL at the end of the month for a wedding (until the 27th, then I work until June 1st) otherwise, I'd totally figure out how to come visit. If you think you'll be there longer, let me know!

BUT THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Brigette said...

Cait,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this rough emotional time.

Keep us posted on both situations!

Love,
Brigette and Justin