CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

And so it goes….

We found out today that the birth mom left the hospital today with the baby. She was apparently discharged early this morning and never contacted the agency with her decision.
We are very disgusted. We just can’t believe that this has happened again. We knew that she had 72 hours to change her mind but we expected the common courtesy of an acknowledgement from her about her choice.

Kyle seems to be handling this better than me. He insisted that we go to the beach tonight and take a long stroll. He knows how much I love the ocean. We bought subs for dinner and then walked the boardwalk. I ran into an old friend from high school and it was great to see her. We then were going to go out for ice cream but there were no parking spots so we went to the grocery store and bought ice cream.

Just thought I’d let you all know the latest news. Thanks for all the care and concern. It means so much to us!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear this latest development in your story. I found your blog through the Disabled PAP group on Yahoo -- my husband is paralyzed and we are also in the process of adopting. We just want you to know you're not alone in this, and that we're very hopeful that things will work out for your family.

Mary
www.thekinsersadopt.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Cait, I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. There are no words.

Brigette said...

wow. we were so sorry to hear this disappointment for you and Kyle. what a roller coaster the adoption process can be for everyone involved. our thoughts and prayers are with you on your difficult journey for the match for your family.

love,
brig (and justin)

Adam said...

How G-d lets horrible things happen to wonderful people is a question I ask today and every day. Sometimes I think the only answer is: Because they can take it.

I love you and support you guys. My heart is very heavy today.