CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's a New Day

Hi Ya'll,

I'm super tired but really wanted to say a quick hello! Things are well and I am still extremely excited about our new President. Did any of you happen to see Oprah this Friday? I am not a big Hip Hop fan but I am loving this song that was on Oprah by Will-I-Am. It is called "It's a New Day" and I had to post a link to the amazing video. Kerri & Aunt Mo I know you'll both LOVE it!!




If I remember correctly he wrote this song either the day Obama was elected or the following day. I am still finding it hard to articulate how much historic election means to me. I guess I am just still in awe. Let me know what ya think of this song?

Here is a quick pic of my mom & I taken today. She is still @ the rehab and is getting out on Tuesday!! Yeah! The great news is that she got a GREAT report from her doctor last Friday and so far she is regaining some of her lost function. We are all so relieved. She has a long road ahead but so far it is looking promising. I would appreciate it if everyone would continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She has a tough 6 months ahead of her and we need all the help we can get. I truly believe in the power of prayer as I know it has helped me in my own life.
Ok, so the precious puppy that I am holding in the pic is a therapy dog named "Mona." She visits the rehab with her 12 year old owner who is the most amazing kid every other Saturday!!! The majority of the patients absolutly love seeing her. We just fell in love with Mona!! Although I think that the pic is one of the most horrendous pics I've ever seen of myself I still had to post it. I wanted you all to see precious Mona. You can also see my mom next to me wearing her neck brace which she has to wear for another 4-6 weeks. Yuck!!!
Hope you are all well!! Yeah for Obama. It's a New Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and your mom! I'm exhausted too. Mona is adorable! Aww...AND YAY for a new day!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the video? Pretty powerful, huh?

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Thanks for sharing the pic of you and Kerry Lou...that neck brace must be such a pita!

Loved the video! very cool

I still haven't stopped smiling from Election Day...and am so anxious to see who Obama appoints to his Cabinet!

Love
Mo

Anonymous said...

I put the video on my own blog. It's great. :D