CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Heading to Burlington,Vermont

Hi All,



Just wanted to do a quick post before heading to VT tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn. I'll be there for four days and three night. We are staying at the Vermont Culinary Institute. http://vtculinaryresort.com/photo_gallery/photo_gallery.cfm I'm pretty excited about staying at such a great place. As most of you know, I am a total foodie so it should be good grub. However, I'm still on WW so it will be challenging to stay within my point range. I gained 1.3 pounds this past week so I was super disappointed but the week before I lost 3.3. I just hope I don't gain while away. So far I've lost close to 11 pounds. So, I'm 1/3 of the way there. It is so much harder than I thought it would be. I find it is so much harder to eat well while traveling. I know it all comes down to personal choice and making good decisions but when you LOVE to eat like me it is easier said than done.



Since Kyle will only eat processed food if I leave him to his own vices, I figured I'd be a good wife and cook him something yummy! He requested Homemade Mac & Cheese (my mom's recipe) and of course I could not make it without trying multiple mouthfuls of it. It is soooooooo good but not so good for my diet!!! Of course I had to take a shot of Kyle's dinner because posts without pics are boring :)


The pic is kind of at a weird angle because the dish was on my lap. I was trying to capture how gooey and cheesy it looked. I made it with medium shells and 3 types of cheese.



Ok, the next shot is a recent pic of Rosie next to my gorgeous mums. I had to take another pic of the mums to demonstrate how pretty they are in full bloom. I don't think the pic does it justice but I tried! They are just so pretty.



Ok, I hope everyone has a great week. Big hugs to all!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hey, is that the promised mac & cheese I never saw when I was out there (in the heat and humidity...not really oven weather). And your photo needs me to rename the dish - Upside down mac & cheese surprise!

Moriah said...

Those mums are huge!!! Almost as big as Rosie...
Mac and Cheese, yum! Now I'm craving that from Eddie George's Grill...