CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Weight Watchers Works!!!

Hi All,
Sorry I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks. Things have been crazy. I'll get to the good news first!!! I lost 8 pounds in one week!! Yeah!! I started Weight Watchers (WW)online one week ago. I was initially planning to just do the online version of WW b/c I knew I had to do something to get back on track and I really didn't want to go weekly to the WW center to get weighed. I thought the online program would be easier for me and I also wasn't sure if my local WW center still had the scale that I made them get a few years ago. Anyway, I had a DR's appointment last Monday and was weighed. I had not been weighed in months and I was BEYOND MORTIFIED at my weight. I gained 20 pounds over the last year and I had no idea that I weighed so much. Anyway, after that frightening realization I knew I had to do something. So, I went to the center tonight after tracking everything I've put in my mouth for the last week and I'm so happy to report that it is working!!! I am just so pumped. So, I have twelve more pounds to go and I'm feeling really motivated. By the way Tami if you are reading this I've been tracking my points with the online tracking tool and I absolutley love it!! It is so much easier that the paper journals.

The great thing about WW is that I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. I had dessert last night, mind you it was pudding with blueberries made with low fat milk but it was still delicious. I also had sour cream potato chips on Saturday. So, Yes I am cutting back but I can still eat the foods I like just in moderation. I even stole a few of Kyle's french fries on saturday but I counted them in my food journal.

The past few weeks have been horrible as far a family crap. I found out that my aunt may have cervical cancer. She means the world to me and I am just so upset about this news. The most upsetting thing is that she knew something was not right with her body and repeatily told her doctor and he/she did not listen to my aunt. ERRRR. Please keep her in your prayers and if you can learn anything from her experience let it be to listen to your body. We know our bodies and when something does not seem right, trust your gut!

On to more depressing news and the main reason I haven't been blogging: my father has been in the hospital since the 4th. As most of you know my father has battled cancer and serious heart issues over the past few years. He is currently in a nursing home/ Rehab and he is non-compliant with his care. He is supposed to be on a strict diet and he's not following that. There is a lot going on but I am too emotionally drained to get into it all. Kyle & I went to Keene on Saturday to see my dad. It is a 2.5 hour drive so that was our whole day. The trips back and forth are also hurting financially b/c gas is so flipping expensive right now!

My dad seemed better on Saturday, but he still has a LONG road ahead of him. My sister Megan & I are heading back to Keene tomorrow for a family meeting at the rehab. He has only been there since Thursday so we are hoping to learn what his treatment plan is and address some of our concerns.

We are still progressing on the adoption front. We have our final meeting with our Social Worker on Wednesday night. We have to meet with her again since we switched to domestic. She will have to rewrite our home study from an international home study to a domestic one. We also have to work on a profile which has pictures of us, our home, extended family, etc for the different adoption agencies to view and any potential birth mothers. We also need to write a "Dear Birth Mother" letter. So things are progressing. Although I do need to check w/ our contact at our adoption agency b/c she never received the check I sent her and it was a certified bank check so I need to figure out what to do. Ugh!!!!
On a happy note, one of the adoption blogs that I frequent daily just got placed with a brand new baby boy. The couple adopted their 2nd child from Vietnam and we planning to adopt a 3rd from Vietnam but then all the issues with Vietnam happened. They were still on the list for Vietnam but they also put their name on the domestic list. It is great to hear this b/c it happened so quickly for them.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe it is already the middle of July! Where does the time go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys! A LOT going on. First off, congrats on WW and the adoption stuff.YUM about the pudding and blueberries. It all sounds very exciting and hopeful! Yay!

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers--I'm very sorry to hear about everything going on. Wishing everyone the best of health!

(((HUGS))) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Cait,

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health woes. They remain in my prayers.

Glad to hear about your weight loss. I know what you mean, I am woefully out of shape. I need to get those yoga mats out and get my rear in gear again.

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you and your family in our prayers.

Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the good work! Justin has lost about 50lbs in the past year and a half, me only about 15. Joined the gym last August and go pretty regular. Plus we have switched to mostly organic foods (Justin more than me--does that say something about our weight loss?!)

Love,
Brig