CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quick Update

Hi All,
Sorry I have been so bad about posting lately. Things have been super crazy lately with work, family and just life in general. The summer always seems to fly by so fast. I can't believe it is already the end of July.

We've been pretty preoccupied with family stuff lately. My mom had surgery on her left hand last week and she will need her right hand done before summer ends. She stayed with us for 2 nights so that she would not be alone and we could help her with stuff. For those of you that don't know my mom, she is the energizer bunny and after 2 days strait of not doing much she was out of her mind. She still is because she can't drive and she is stuck at home. She is also worried that the surgery did not work b/c so far her hand does not feel better. I think it is too soon to say though.

Regarding my father, I saw him last week. He looks better physically but is still very week. The past four times I've seen him he's been using a wheelchair and pushing himself with his lefts. That has been kind of weird. Anyway, I think he is slowly making progress but the road ahead will be a long one.

I am very discouraged with my diet b/c I gained 2.9 pounds this week. ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Last week I only lost one pound and was really frustrated with that but I never expected to gain this week! I don't know why b/c I followed WW and wrote every single thing down that I ate or drank and I even included the 2 glasses of wine and the Margarita I had on Saturday with Kyle!!! My WW leader kept telling me not to get discouraged but I am!! I thought after using 8 pounds the first week that it would be pretty quick and easy to lose the rest but so far no such luck.

Things are progressing on the adoption front. We are working on gathering pics for profiles that birth mothers will view and we also have multiple applications to fill out for various agencies. November is going to be here before we know it!!! In case you don't remember, we can't have our adoption occur until Mid-November b/c of Kyle's new job. Once he is there for 6 months they will give us $ toward our adoption.

On Thursday I am heading to Cape Cod to see my sister Megan and her family for an overnight. I can't wait. If the weather is good, I'll spend the day on the beach on Friday. I really hope the sun is shining b/c it will probably be my only chance to spend the day on the beach this summer. Plus the beach near her house has a beach wheelchair which makes it a lot easier.

Ok, that is about it for now. I'll try to be better about posting. BTW, thanks everyone for your prayers and diet support. I really appreciate it. Brig- I can't believe that Justin has lost over 50 pounds. That is so awesome. Congrats to you too for your 15. I want to see pics!!!!!! The frustrating thing with Kyle and I is that he's losing and he's not even officially on the diet. I like to say that he's on the diet by default.

Hugs to all my pals. xoxo

1 comments:

Moriah said...

Don't get too discouraged Cait! your weight can fluctuate as much as 2 pounds throughout the day, and depending on what time of the month it is, you can be heavier based on retaining water. One of my other friends was complaining about that today-- she gains up to 7 pounds the week before her period! I know, too much information, but... hang in there!