CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Can you Believe this?

No your eyes are not decieving you! This is a state police vehicle parked in a disabled parking space. My friend Megan took this picture because she was so outraged. I got so furious that I emailed it to the state police and a few others. My email read as follws:

To Whom It May Concern,

I’ve attached a picture of a State Police Vehicle Illegally parked in Quincy, MA. From what I hear, this officer illegally parks here all the time. As a person with a physical disability, I am appalled by this behavior. I struggle everyday to find parking spots and it would not be so difficult if people like this officer didn’t illegally park. This is completely unacceptable and this officer should be immediately reprimanded. Please keep me posted on this issue. Thank you.
Concerned Citizen,
Caitlin Reilly

781-555-xxxx
Ok, it gets better :) I sent the email to one of my work buddies and he then sent it to his cousin who has this awesome website. My issue made it to the website!! Cool, huh? Check it out.
For those of you who don't know, illegally parking in disabled spots is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. It absolutely infuriates me!!! More later-hope all is well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just disgusts me on so many levels. :P

bluefairy said...

Hi Caitlin,

Nothing pisses me off more. I actually have a picture of a Canada Post Truck parked in a disabled spot. When I pointed it out to the driver, he said he didn't care if I called canada Post to report him. The store manager , on the other hand was very disappointed and forced him to move.

My sister works for our local police, she has spoken at length with one officer, who shares this pet peeve and he makes it his mission to confron and ticket those parked illegally in disabled spots....that is except for the dayy he was responding to a call and parked in a disabled spot as it was th only one left, he left his lights flashing and when he came out he found a ticket form the by-law officer....he admitted he deserved it though....

Megan
(I'm an incomplete para)

http://ourvietnameseprincess.blogspot.com

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Megan,
Thanks so much for your comments :) I know, I am so horrified by this picture. I just get so mad about things like this. It seems like this illegal parking issue is common in Canada too. How is your adoption process going? Do you have your referral? We are persuing other options at this point b/c we are not far enough along w/ the process. It has been very upsetting and disappointing. Very nice to meet you. Keep reading :)
Caitlin

Kerri-
I know, so bad, huh? That is why I HAD to post it and try to get this loser in trouble.
C

Tami said...

Okay, I'm dying to know Cait. Did you get a response to the letter you sent to the state police?

And yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine too. When I'm driving you or Kerri and don't have the placard, you know I don't dare park in the accessible spots!

Anonymous said...

Hi All,

Ok, I may be hearing from this officer's boss. ZHe asked for my home #. Funny thing is that I found out he stopped parking in the disabled spot but is now parking in the fire late. nice huh?

Anonymous said...

Boy do I need to learn how to spell check before submitting. I meant fire lane in case you could not figure it out :)

bluefairy said...

Hi Caitlin,

I wanted to send this to you. My sister forwarded to me. It's a direction that was sent to everyone at my local police (for whom she works)....


Subject: Strange Concept-Handicaped parking for Handicapped People.

If you do not possess a valid handicapped parking pass, would you please refrain from parking your police vehicle or your personal vehicle in the alloted handicapped spots.

In the event you don't reconize these spots they are the ones with either the wheelchair painted in yellow on the pavement or the ones with a bright blue sign with a picture of a wheelchair attached to the wall! (I know-sarcasm is the lowest form of humour)

Ignorance is not recognized as a condition for obtaining one of these passes.

This email was sent exactly as is, including the subject line to the entire police force...

Megan