CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Last Weekend of Summer

Hi All,

We had a nice long weekend. Kyle got out of work a few hours early on Friday and since we commute together I decided to leave early so that Kyle would not have to just wait outside my building until I got out of work. We decided to stay in town and go out to dinner near my work and go to the IMAX Omni theater at the Boston Museum of Science http://www.mos.org/. Our first date was at the Omni theater so it is always fun to return! Before dinner we bought our tickets to the show b/c I was worried it would be sold out. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that there was a promotion and the tickets were only $4 a piece. We bought tickets for Lewis & Clark at 7pm and the 8pm show, Kilimanjaro. They were both super interesting and educational. It is so cool to see this type of show because you feel like you are actually there. I know it is the closest I'll ever get to seeing the summit of Kilimanjaro!

On Saturday we headed to Kyle's sister's house and Kyle helped them out with a few projects and I went swimming in their pool. It was great! We wound up spending the night there. We didn't plan it so we had to buy a toothbrush and some pajamas which we wound up getting at one of my favorite bargain stores, Ocean State Job Lot. We stayed at Heather's house until around noon on Sunday. On Monday we stayed home all day! It was a nice relaxing day. The weather has been gorgeous. We are both super bummed that summer is over. It just flies by like this every year!

This Friday we are headed to Ohio to see Moriah and Eric. It will be nice to get away. Rosie isn't coming. Our niece Alyssa is dog sitting and is soooo excited! This will be a short week for both of us b/c we were both off Monday and we are off Friday too! I'm working at home on Thursday, so I'll only be in the office 2 days! Yeah!

Before I sign off I wanted to post a link of an online friend of mine.

http://www.thinkbeforeyoudrink.net/

I sent this email out last week and most people just ignored it but I want the message to be heard. It is not okay to drink and drive. Not only does it put your life in jeopardy but everyone else on the road. I was drunk when I got injured and although I wasn't driving I often wonder if I would have gotten in the back of a pick up truck if I was sober? I was young and we all make mistakes but I believe that if you can make a difference in the life of one person that that is all that matters. I know for a fact that drinking and driving is still a huge problem and I wanted to pass this email on so that the reality of its repercussions could be seen. Thank you Rhonda for sharing your story and being brave enough to share your pain!


Have a great week!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun and have a fun time coming up! I really enjoy those IMAX movies. My favorite so far was an underwater one. Felt like I was swimming with the jellyfish!

My mom and I went to the mountains of NC over the weekend and had a lovely time minus the flat tire and the 40 mins we spent inflating it with a portable machine in the rain!!

Justin will be back with his Elk tonight from Canada. I guess I won't be able to ignore it since he had to bring it on the plane! Checked bags of course!

-Brigette

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Hi Cait and Kyle

Sounds like you had a nice weekend! I love imax as well!

We went on a whale watch this weekend - saw about a dozen Orcas!
Although the day was overcast, it was still lots of fun.

Don't forget there are still plenty of warm days left! Enjoy them while you can!

Love
Mo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. I went to the CA state fair, and saw weird Al. Hahaha. It was fun!

And NO it's not ok to drink and drive!

Anonymous said...

Kerri--
I need to know if Weird Al say "White & Nerdy????"

Anonymous said...

Yep. In fact, it's the #1 song on my myspace page right now. Check it out! LOL! :D www.myspace.com/wheelinkerri