CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ben & Jerry’s Confession

Why, oh why do Ben and Jerry call to me from my freezer? Ok, so Ben & Jerry’s ice cream was on sale this week. It was 2 for $6.00 or 1 for 3:00. I spent a good 10 minutes perusing through all the unknown flavors and Kyle was somewhat annoyed. He thinks their ice cream is overrated and a lot rip off. I don’t usually buy Bed & Jerry’s ice cream but when my friends Moriah & Tami visited us in May we had ice cream for dinner once and they totally hooked me on B&J’s pistachio. Prior to trying the B&J pistachio, I didn’t think I even liked that flavor. I guess the saying” Don’t knock it until you try it” is right. Anyway, while at the ice cream counter I was torn between the pistachio or a new flavor. I was torn between the sweet cream and cookie (Brig---Justin was on my mind) but I wasn’t sure what type of cookies, so I went with “Turtle Soup. “ Ok, for those who haven’t tried it…. Yumarooskies!!! It is so freakin good. It is vanilla ice Cream with fudge & caramel cashews & a caramel swirl. http://www.benjerry.com/our_products/flavor_details.cfm?product_id=185


I always heard about people buying pints of ice cream and eating the whole thing and I never thought I could do it, but I came pretty darn close. We went food shopping on Sunday and by Sunday night ½ the pint was gone. Mind you there are 4 servings in that tiny pint. I totally know why all the diet books say not to eat ice cream out of an the carton b/c you do totally lose track of how much you are eating and since the pint is so tiny it is easy to do. So, yesterday I was already in bed and B&J were once again calling me. I tried to persuade my hubby who was on the computer to get me some and bring it to me in bed. He was either ignoring me or just so engrossed in Sim City (ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!) After three requests he finally got up from the computer but at that point “The Biggest Loser” had started & there was no way I was stuffing my face while watching that show. By the way, did any of you see the updates on past participants? It was awesome & super inspiring but obviously not inspiring enough b/c not even 24 hours later the ice cream was still calling me!

So tonight, after dinner the voice started again… I portioned myself out probably about 1 cup into a small bowl. I left the kitchen and went to watch one of my trashy entertainment shows. I woofed down the ice cream and guess what? I somehow found myself back at the refrigerator having an internal dialogue with myself, “why, not just polish if off tonight Cait since there is only a tiny bit left.” Twist my arm self!! Anyway, so here I write to you all with the empty pint of Turtle Soup just staring at me. I guess I’ll never be skinny!!!!

Mom, it is all your fault for giving us dessert every night as kids!!!! UGH!!! Thanks a lot Tami & Moriah for reintroducing me to my latest obsession!!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Oh yeah, blame to two buddies who are not there to defend themselves...and if we were, you know we'd be helping you stay to your portion size (because we'd be finishing off the rest of that pint for you!). And yeah...I am weak...

Of course...they couldn't call to you from the freezer if they weren't in there in the first place... hehe...

Anonymous said...

Hey,
You are not alone. You are not crazy. And it's not your fault. :)

That's what we used to say at the DV counseling place I worked at.

Hey, I had B&R's Rocky Road tonight, I looooooooooove B&R's rocky road!

So, really, you aren't alone! :)

And yes, they can call you from THE GROCERY STORE FREEZER, TAMI! HA!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Cait, but now I'll be sure and pick up some Pistacio for this weekend! :)
Moriah