CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Summer is Almost Over-Boo-Hoo

Well, as most of you can tell we are posting less & less. Sorry! I think we will post more as the weather gets colder and we are stuck inside more.

We had a good weekend! Yesterday we had a low-key day and just did our usual stuff like cleaning & grocery shopping. Kyle took a dip in the pool. It was close to 100 degrees out. I stayed in the condo pretty much the entire day b/c there were heat advisories.

Last night I spent several hours online searching for campgrounds that have wheelchair accessible cabins. I was surprised at how many I actually found. At the last minute we were hoping to get reservation for Labor Day weekend but we were too late in the game. So, we booked a cabin in ME for the last weekend in September. Check out the link. http://www.sacokoa.com/

I'm really excited about the cabin! Isn't it so cute?


We lucked out b/c the only one with the ramp was available. We are going September 28-30. It is a one room cabin with one full size bed and a bunk bed. It also has a heater and ceiling fan, but that is it. It is going to be a rustic weekend. We have to bring our own sheets, pillows, etc. I'm excited. Kyle's mother may come with us. Kyle loves camping and did a ton of it during his childhood and as an adult-BC, we like to say (Before Cait.) Anyway, he's been missing it a lot, so I wanted to find a way that we could go together. I haven't gone camping since I was a teenager (pre-injury). I thought about doing the tent thing and buying an air mattress but Kyle would have to help me on & off the ground, so I figured the cabin option was better for both of us. Plus, Kyle's tent isn't big enough for the three of us (don't forget Rosie!!) so we would have to buy a bigger tent. They also have a blueberry pancake breakfast that I'm also anxious to attend! Maine has great blueberries! Brig-- this should prepare us for our Yellowstone trip next fall :))) I'm hoping I can find a waterfall somewhere near the campground b/c I REALLY want to see a waterfall!

I am finally over my awful cold, which was actually bronchitis. I had it for over a week. Today is my first Kleenex free day! Whoooo!!! I am counting the days until I have my allergy tests done at the end of September.

I made my hubby a yummy meal in the crockpot that he waned me to report about. It was a pork roast with a jar a Mango ginger Chutney and a little soy sause. It came out really tender and was bursting with flavor. We'll have that a few nights this week. I love the crockpot b/c you can just fix it & forget it!

Well, we hope everyone has a great week. Happy Labor Day!

Camping in Maine:

http://www.campmaine.com/region/region.php

4 comments:

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait and Kyle

Looks like a lot of fun! We have a few places here in WA that have disabled cabins and yurts that we have been thinking about checking out as well!

I love Maine! Take lots of pics - especially if you go to any lighthouses!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Love
Mo

Tami said...

Hi Cait, Kyle & Rosie! If you guys ever want to hit Yosemite, I'd offer to come along (aren't I generous?) for entertainment purposes, of course. I haven't been camping for years. :( And I love waterfalls! (Yosemite has plenty, hint, hint...)

Anyway, you guys will have lots of fun.

Now, on to more pressing matters - Kyle is okay with you using the crockpot in that heat? Isn't he worried about heating up the whole house? (You still owe me my mac&cheese! j/k)

Okay, gotta go. But one last thing: FIFO!

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Tami,
Cait and I would love to visit Yosemite. I would mind doing some hiking out there. It is just finding time and money to do everything....
Cooking w/ the crockpot is fine in summer. I am just not a fan of using the oven and heating up the whole house as you know. I just do not think it makes much sense even w/ the ac going. It just makes the ac work harder- puts more strain on the whole system. It's funny the weather here has been feeling very fallish(oven time). It has been nice- not very humid. The trees will start turning the end of Sept. up north so maybe we will catch some good colors.
I still would like to get Caitlin up to Acadia National Park in ME sometime. http://www.nps.gov/acad/
take care,
Kyle

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea and absolutely goregeous. (And if you go to Yosemite, I wanna go!). :)))))