CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mouse Sightings at Work Making Us Crazy


Hi All,


As some of you may know, I absolutely hate mice. Kyle thinks I’m such a wimp but I always have and always will. I think the fear was ingrained in me as a small child, as my mother and sisters also hate them. I have many memories of my sisters jumping on tables to get away from mice during our childhood. Anyway, several months ago, I saw a mouse at work in my cubicle area and really freaked. They started construction at my office and that has made the situation at lot worse. This morning, my co-worker opened the cabinet above her desk and there was a family of 3 living there. Disgusting! We’ve been instructed to throw out any food at our desks or put the food in plastic containers. Zip lock backs don’t cut it because they eat through the bags. This really grosses me out to have to work in this environment.

My allergies have been SO Bad. I have an appointment to have allergy tests done, which I’ve heard is a waste of time, but I’m desperate. My allergies can be really debilitating. The issue is that (this is my summation) that the post nasal drip goes into my lungs and turns into a nasty cold . Yesterday, I was miserable with an itchy throat, nose, ears, etc. Today it has turned into a full blown nasty cold!! This seems to be a pattern for me. I’m at the point that if I need to have shots for my allergies then oh well. The concern is that the colds I get could turn into pneumonia or bronchitis. Yuck! So, now my co-workers have to listen to me hack all day, but I didn’t want to call in again. Plus, if I called in sick today, I’d lose my work at home day tomorrow! I hate when people come into work sick, but since I’ve been sick so much lately I didn't want to miss another day. Other than thte constant hacking and blowing my nose, I feel fine!

We had a good weekend. On Saturday we ran errands and we both got our hair cuts. We also bought a new oven. MASS was having a tax free weekend so we saved a tiny bit. I also bought a portable GPS at Best Buy with $ I got for my B-day. On Sunday, we had lunch with my mom and dropped by brother’s b-day gift off at his house. He wasn’t home so we hung out with my sister-in-law and some of the kids for about an hour. Then we headed home and had dinner with Kyle’s sister Heather, her hubby and daughter. It was a nice weekend!

This coming weekend we have tentative plans with Kyle’s friend and his wife. I also need to pick up my wedding and engagement ring from the jeweler because one of the prongs broke on the engagement ring. Anyway, that is about it from here. Hope all is well with everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewww!! creepy mice at work. we had a baby mouse that got into the house once. it even climbed inside the couch while justin and i tried to catch it! thankfully it did not chew a hole in the couch but we did end up having to dispose of the mouse, rather than

i do live with the exterminator!
-Brig

Anonymous said...

Mice are sooooooooooo gross! We have ours in our roof (actually rats) all the time. YUCK! I would freak.

Sounds like you've had some nice plans lately.

Have fun. TTYL!

Tami said...

We've had mice problems on and off at work. Usually worse when it's raining. (The building does back up to a field...and we've also had turkey crashes...2x!) Uh, anyway, nothing is worse than reaching into your desk drawar and finding a chewed through package of food. They got my friend's oatmeal (or was it mine?) and chewed it into a fine dust, which is probably still stuck in the corners of that metal drawar. :(

Now they've set traps. But I don't want to find a squished mouse in one! Worse than the scurrying I think.

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Yeah, we love when people leave comments. Thanks a million.

Brig-I still haven't called you. So sorry. At least you don't have to worry about rodents at your house! For someone like me, that is a good thing. I have too many mouse memories!

Kerri-Really gross about the rats on your roof! That would really push me over the edge!

Tami- Glad I'm not alone with mice at work. Gross. It is going to be such a pain to not leave food at my desk because I work 10 hour days and like my snacks, plus I eat breakfast at work. So nasty.