CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Delayed Vacation Recap!


Well, so much for updating everyone within a week! Sorry about that, but as always life has been busy. Above is a picture of Kyle and I with our nieces & nephew that we vacationed with. To the right of me is Colin (7), Sarah (13) and Lauren (9). Oh, and of course Rosie!They are great kids and we had a lot of fun just hanging out with them.

Our vacation in Falmouth was great! We went to the beach almost every day and I went swimming every day except for one day when it rained. The water was warm and it was just awesome. I love the water b/c it is one place where I feel totally free from all forms of mobility aids. I can just swim and not depend on anything. It is one of my favorite things to do! The beach we went to had a great beach wheelchair, which makes getting on the beach and in the ocean a lot easier!

Here is a shot of Kyle fishing. The house we rented was directly across the street from the beach which was awesome b/c we didn’t need to load up the cars to go to the beach. A few nights, Kyle and the kids and my brother-in-law Carl, went fishing. They bought deep sea fishing rods and had fun. I relaxed by reading (started and finished "Baby Proof" & loved it) and playing one of my favorite games "Skippo." I taught two of our nieces how to play and they love it now too! Here's a shot of me playing Skippo with my niece Sarah (13)


Here is a shot of Rosie in front of the Hydrangea bush at the house. I absolutely love hydrangeas and had them in our wedding. You see them at lot around places like Cape Cod or places near the ocean.



After our vacation I was out of work for a day and a half with a yucky virus. I also had a bad cold while on vacation. So, the past two weeks haven’t been great health wise. It could be worse though. It feels good to feel like myself again. So, I’m sorry everyone for not keeping in touch but I’ve really not been feeling up to calls or blogging because I've been exhausted! I’m sad that it is already August. How come the summer goes by so fast?

We booked our airline tickets to go to Columbus, Ohio to visit our friends Eric & Moriah and go to a Buckeyes game! It should be fun. We are going September 7-9th. We just need to find a dog sitter for Rosie! We’ve never boarded her and it is really a last resort. I was thinking of asking my mom but I’m not sure! Any Volunteers???
Well, that is it for now! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. It has been SO hot here!!!!
xoxo

3 comments:

Tami said...

Looks like lots of fun! How come I wasn't invited? (Just kidding!)

And I'm glad you are feeling better now. I just finished my vacation and have some odd cold or something now too. :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling, don't be a stranger. :)))))))

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Yeah! someone finally wrote us! Hey, I just fixed the spelling mistake in my heading. I had "dellayed" instead of delayed. Ugh. Spelling was never my strength. thank God for spell check!