CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another Productive Week Has Come & Gone


Hi Everyone,


We had a good week. On Thursday night, we went to a fundraiser for The Boston Medical Center (BMC) Spinal Cord Injury Unit http://www.bmc.org/rehab/gala2007.htm. Check out the link for more details. The tickets were very expensive so we were not planning on going but my friend asked us to go as his guests b/c he bought three tables. We couldn't say no to such a great even.
The event was very moving and inspiring b/c we heard a lot of testimonials from some newly injured wheelers. When I was injured almost 16 years ago, I did my rehab at BMC, so we wanted to support the cause. I must say though that it breaks my heart to see people with new spinal cord injuries. I always wished that I could have been the last one in the world to experience it. I know that is impossible but it sucks to see other families go through what mine did. If I only had that magic wand! Oh well, life is full pain and joy. If we can just try to focus more on the joy than the pain then it makes it all a little easier.
We were lucky enough to get the centerpiece of beautiful flowers, which of course I had to post above. We've really enjoyed having the pretty flowers to look at for the past few days.
On Saturday, we spent the day putzing around for First Communion gifts for our niece and nephew. We wound up getting our niece Alyssa a very pretty cross with a diamond chip in it but we had a much harder time finding something for our nephew Liam. For some reason, everywhere we went there was slim pickings for boys. We went to the store Things Remembered and found this nice photo album that we will have a cross & his name engraved on. I think it will turn out nice. I have to pick it up tomorrow. I just hope my sister actually puts pictures in it from his special day.
We also spent a few hours w/ my brother & sister-in-law and their 5 kids. It turned out to be a pretty nice day so we sat in their backyard and watched the kids play down @ the river at the end of his yard. Rosie even went swimming. She won't be doing that again there b/c boy did she stink after. Needless to say, we gave her a bath as soon as we got home :)

Today was a pretty quiet day. We did our usual grocery shopping and also hit the drug store. It is amazing how much I can spend in the drug store. Ugh! Kyle ran to Home Depot but I stayed home. I'm not a huge fan of Home Depot. I prefer Lowe's if I have to go to those type of stores.
We are trying to plan some fun things to do when our friends Tami, Eric & Moriah visit at the end of May. So far, we know we definitely want to spend a day in Newport, RI to see the beautiful scenery and check out some of the mansions. http://www.newportmansions.org/ Only a few of the mansions are accessible so we won't be hitting them all. Plus, they cost. OK, I have to post the link for the Italian restaurant that we REALLY want to go to in Newport. We've only been once, but it was fabulous!! http://www.sardellas.com/ I love the fact that you can get a half portion. OK, Tami check it out and let me know what you think.
Tami also sent me this link about Ghost tours in Boston and they say on their site that they have done accessible tours before. http://www.newenglandghosttours.com/tours.html
We are also trying to get tickets to a Red Sox Game for Eric :)
Ok all, that is about it for now. Have a great week. May is almost here :) Be well & Happy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty Flowers, and the tour sounds cool!

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

What beautiful flowers! Glad you were able to attend the dinner.

Sounds like you are planning some great visits with your friends! Newport has always been one of my favorite places. I have always been a fan of Brick Alley Pub on Thames Street for brunch or lunch.

Before you go, consider checking out: http://www.gonewport.com/
That is the Newport Tourism website and has lots of great info.

Love
Aunt Mo

Anonymous said...

You guys sound busy and happy!
Sounds like you have been having a lot of fun. I'm glad. The flowers are gorgeous!
I hope you continue to have a ball as things warm up! Take care.

Tami said...

I'm looking forward to the trip (but a little worried about leaving the flight plans completely in my dad's hands...eeks! Maybe I'm a control freak after all. But, they're free tickets, so who am I to say anything?)

And hello? Italian food? How could I ever have a problem with that?

Tami said...

Muahahaha...You've been tagged! Do this:

--List seven random facts/habits about yourself
--Choose another seven bloggers to tag and list their names in your blog
--Leave your seven tagged bloggers comments to notify them of their tagging along with directions.

Anonymous said...

We're so excited about the upcoming visit! Anything we do will be great since it will be spending time with our friends. Eric was asking about tix the other day, so he'll be happy that that's in the works.
Moriah