CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Six days until Santa :)

Hi All,

We haven't written in a few days and I thought I'd give a quick recap of our weekend :)
It was actually a low-key weekend for us. On Saturday, we wrapped lots of presents and spent a lot of time organizing the condo for our upcoming Shindig. Sorry, Tami that I let your invite slip! J/K. In all seriousness, it is just a family thing. My father & his wife Barbara mved to NH a little over a year ago so we are celebrating XMAS with them on the 23rd @ our condo. It was either at our place or a resturant and we figured it would be more homey & Christmasy (not a word-I know) at home.
For the past two previous years, we've had a small Xmas part 2 our condo. However, we skipped it this year b/c we desperately need to get the rugs replaced at our condo and I'm just mortified by them. Plus, we have over a $ 5,000 assessment to pay to our condo so it has been a crazy year. I told Kyle that only family & close friends can come over until we get the rugs replaced. However, if Tami or any of my out of state friends wants to visit we can overllok the rugs!! Hint, Hint!!! The thing is, it is a total pain to get new rugs b/c you have to move all the furniture and it is super expensive. I'm estimating around 4-5 K. Ugh! But, it will absolutely get done in 07. The problem is, the carpet is an off white color and my wheelchair has just totally trashed it. Needless to say, our new carpet will be a darker color with some type of tweed in it.

So, back to our weekend, on Saturday night after we got back from grocery shopping, we made a lasagna. Yes, we went w/ the lasagna b/c that is what Kyle wanted. Kyle helped and boy did it go so much quicker with his help. I have a lot of leftover ricotta, so I will use it to make stuffed shells. I think I am going to go meatless and have spinach, mushrooms and onions in them. Tami-thanks for the tips. I'm glad you gave me your advise on it b/c I probably would of gone w/ 2 eggs as opposed to one. I do want to make it as low-fat as possible!

I also did some baking for family & co-workers this weekend. On Sunday, we did some more cleaning, wrapping and Kyle got his hair cut. It looks great :) We visited my mom for about an hour and then came home and I baked some more. I made Cranberry Orange Nut bread, Banana Nut bread and Almond Squares. My co-worker gave me the almond square recipe and they were so easy to make and super yummy. I delivered some of the breads to co-workers today and my friends @ work were very appreciative. I went with the mini-loves b/c I can get 4 small loaves out of one recipe.
For those of you that don't know, I don't work Mondays! I love having my long weekends but boy do they fly. Anyway, I had an MRI on my left knee b/c I've been having some issues w/ my left side. At night when I sleep, my left leg spasms all night and I sweat profusely, just on my left side. I don't have feeling in my legs, so I can't tell what is wrong. It is so frustrating!!! I just hate not knowing what is wrong. Since I can't feel, it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Oh well, deal with the cards you are dealt, right?

Anyway, this will be a short week for me b/c I'm off on Friday. I'm supposed to go out to lunch w/ My mom and sister Megan and get organized for the family party on Saturday. Dad and Barbara are staying over our place on Friday night and my sister Maura is coming home from NYC on Friday also. I Can't wait to see Maura!!!! Well, that is about it for now.
We hope everyone is having a Happy Holiday Season. Ho-HO -HO!!!

P.S. Thanks so much for the comments. Kyle and I really enjoy reading them :)

One last little thing(from Kyle) I got a kick out of this article I found on Boston.com, which is the Boston globe online... I loved Seinfeld. This is for anyone out there also enjoyed it as much as I did.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2006/12/18/yes_virginia_there_is_a_festivus?mode=PF

3 comments:

Tami said...

Okay, now I need the almond bar recipe...

And it's funny that you are complaining about your carpets, since when I was looking at the photos on your site the other day I was wondering how you kept them so clean! (Mine are trashed because of the old sick cat that I used to have.)

Anonymous said...

Tami--
I will email you the almond bar recipe. It is so easy. Yummy too and they make a good amount.

RE: the rugs, you need to see them up close to see how gross they are. Yuck!!!! I'm totally mortified by them.. Oh well, love me, love my rugs too! Big Dork I know!

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest blog! HOW did I miss this one! Caitlin, you crack me up.