CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 15, 2006

Got a kick out of this picture


Hi All,

Thought this picture was really funny & figured I'd post it! No big plans for the weekend. We need to clean the condo, wrap presents and make either stuffed shells or lasagna. Kyle wants lasagna but I'm leaning more toward the stuffed shells! Anyone know any good stuffed shell recipes that aren't super fattening? I think I like them better with meat in them as opposed to just cheese. I've never made them b4 and I like trying new recipes. I think they will be yummy! Happy Friday all :)


2 comments:

Tami said...

Howdy you - changed the blog around I see! (I like this one for you.)

Hmmm...stuffed shells - I've only ever had them stuffed with cheese. I don't have a recipe though. But you probably don't really need one. I'd mix a carton of ricotta (part skim or lowfat if you are watching that) with 1 whole egg, some shredded mozzarella (maybe) and/or parmesan cheese. Add to that some sauteed lowfat ground turkey or lean ground beef (if you want meat in it) - or better yet, lean Italian sausage. Sprinkle in spices of your choosing. Cook and drain your large pasta shells. Fill with cheese mixture and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with tomato sauce of your choice. No idea how long to cook or at what temperature...I don't know how long it would take to cook the egg in the cheese mixture. Maybe cook as long as you would for a lasagna? Serve with grated parmesan.

Or, do as I would probably do - check Allrecipes.com and alter the recipe to your liking!

Anonymous said...

Hi Caitlin! Just checking in. Yeah, trust Tami re: the Italian cooking. :))))