CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Recap and The Boyfriend Pillow

Well, Christmas has come and gone... We had a very good one this year. It was just great hearing (and seeing) from a lot of relatives. This was probably the greatest present. Life is so short and it is just great to see everyone. Time just seems to fly by. On Christmas Eve we had a leisurely morning @ home. Well, I guess it wasn't that leisurely b/c we had a lot of organizing to do with the presents (last minute wrapping, etc). Around 2pm, we headed to my MIL's house & spent a few hours w/ my MIL and Kyle's brother John. Around 5:00 we headed to Sandown, NH to celebrate Xmas Eve with Kyle's extended family. It was awesome to see Kyle's aunt, cousins and in-laws. We weren't able to make it there last year due to Kyle's crazy work schedule, so it was really great to get caught up with everyone. Kyle's cousin Chris just adopted an adorable little girl from China and we got to meet her for the first time :)

Christmas morning was fun. Kyle really spoiled me. My big present was diamond earrings! Plus, many other really special and thoughtful gifts!!! Kyle mainly got clothes, cd's and the book to study for the GMAT.
We headed to my sister Megan's house around 12:30 and stayed there until 6ish. It was a great day. Great company, delicious food and lots of fun! My sister Maura stayed @ our place on Xmas night and we watched the movie Elizabeth, which was okay. We found it hard to follow. So, I'm back to the grind today. Wishing I took today off . The big diet is supposed to begin AGAIN on the first and I'm using this week as a transition week. I'm going to try to be good or should I say better than I've been and really buckle down after New Years. Ahh, and the struggle continues. Anyway, that is about it for now. Can't wait to hear about your Holiday seasons and your thoughts and comments on the BF pillow!


RE: the picture above, my friend and Co-worker Eileen recently posted a comment here about the "Boyfriend Pillow." We can be pretty goofy and frankly immature at my work. Some days we sit around looking at cheesy catalogs and cut pictures out of the cheesiest things we can find and hang the pictures up in our supervisor's cubicle. It usually takes him several weeks to notice the pics and we all get a big chuckle out of it. Well, for a few months Eileen and I have gotten a big kick out of the boyfriend pillow, which is in the Harriett Carter catalog http://www.harrietcarter.com/ . See the description below:

"Boyfriend pillow always provides a shoulder to lean on! It's nice to have a comforting arm around you as you watch TV or read a book. Boyfriend pillow wears a polyester fleece shirt, which is great to snuggle up to. What could be cozier on a chilly night? 26" L x 14" W.
$19.98"
Anyway, when we decided to do a Yankee swap @ work I decided that the BF pillow would be the classic tacky gift. I was even secretly hoping that Eileen or I would wind up w/ it so we could keep it in the office. No such luck though. I wound up with an amazing Santa from my supervisor that I absolutely love. Our Co-worker Joanne wound up w/ the BF pillow and she got a real kick out of it. She's single too so it is perfect. Anyway, we are still in hysterics about the BF pillow and we are hoping to keep this tradition up!!! Hope you all had a great holiday!
P.S. if you are in need of any cheesy gifts then definitely check of the Harriet Carter link above :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That boyfriend pillow is hilarious. Your holiday sounded great! :)))

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Love reading your blog to keep up with your life! You need to post more photos of Rosie!

The boyfriend pillow is hysterical...that hand kind of creeps me out!

Was great catching up with you over Christmas!

Hope to see pictures from the holidays!

Tami said...

I think you've told me about that boyfriend pillow before...and I agree with Maureen...that hand is creepy. And the arm is eerily disproportionately short for that torso!

Glad you had good holidays :)

Anonymous said...

Mo:
Am hoping to get pics from Meg and will send them to you. We forgot our camera!

Tami:
Glad you think the pillow is creepy. I'll be sure to get you one for your b-day :) NOT!!!
Thankfully the gift went over pretty well.

Out latest office chuckle is the pony tail hat that Eileen bought for our balding boss. He loves it!!!!

Kerri:
Yes, we had a nice holiday. Busy & hectic but nice. By the way, I forgot to mention that the stuffed shells came out great :)