CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

New Fridge



We had our new refrigerator delivered this past Saturday. We love it! I especially love the water and ice on the door! Kyle & I have always wanted a fridge with water and ice on the door!












The past two weeks have been really rough. As most of you already know, my father died on 6/17/09. We were busy last week with his funeral & wake. My aunt Maureen flew in from Seattle and stayed with us. It was so great to see her although I wish it was for a better occasion. She got the chance to bond with Rosie and now they are best buds. Aunt Mo is coming back in less than a month b/c she is renting a house on the Cape. I plan to visit her a few times when she's there.
As if I wasn't struggling enough with the loss of my father, things got worse b/c I broke my leg on Saturday night! I had no idea it was broken until 3 days later since I don't have feeling in my legs. I wound up being hospitalized for 2 days b/c of my leg and a really bad UTI. I am feeling a lot better but am still very tired. I'm not sure if the fatigue comes from the leg, UTI or just my overall sadness as a result of all the crap going on! It is probably a combination of everything.
It has been constantly raining here and that makes me even more sad. I still can't believe my father is gone. Although we knew the end was near, there is just no way to prepare for such a loss.
I smiled today when I received a beautiful flower arrangement from some of my college friends. I'll try to post a pic later. Thanks for all the love and support you have all provided. All the cards and kind gestures mean so much. Thanks so much!
Anyway, that is about it from here. I'm really happy that Bernie Madoff got such a long sentence. I hope it really sends a strong message! Bye for now!

1 comments:

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait

Be kind to yourself. You have been through an incredible upheaval. Thanks so much for letting me stay with you and Kyle and Rosie. I now know why you are so in love with Rosie...she is a sweetheart! I can't wait until we can share some happy times on the Cape. Sailing will be a healing experience.

Love you so very much,
Mo