CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Devotion

I found Rosie this morning waiting for Kyle to get out of the shower. Yes, that is her on his bathroom floor and yes he is taking a shower behind the curtain. I just cracked up at this. Sometimes she even nudges the shower curtain with her nose and peeks in! She is such a devoted dog. We love her to pieces.


We had a snow storm last night into this morning. I decided to be dolly domestic and make the best of my time indoors. I have Thai Chicken chili cooking in the crock pot now. We will have that a few nights this week. My friend Tami found this awesome website :http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ and there are at least 15 crock pot recipes I want to try from the site. If you like using a crock pot, I highly suggest you check it out especially some of the Asian themed recipes and the beef and chicken. I am not one for making soup and dessert in the crock pot.

Anyway, I have also roasted some sweet potatoes, carrots and vadalia onion. Those came out great. The big disaster of the day was the lemon pound cake. I think the error was on my part though. The recipe said to make sure the batter was even in the pan. I tried this and thought I did a pretty good job even though when I tried to even it out the batter kept sticking to the knife. Ugh! So, when it was almost finished I noticed that the middle part of the bread was much higher than the sides and the sides looked done but the middle was not. So, to make a long story short, the bread is totally overcooked on the sides and not so great in the middle either. I am so frustrated as we were really looking forward to this recipe from one of our favorites, Ina Garten. Any tips from you bakers out there??? Here is a shot of the pound cake. It looks much better than it tastes. So dry!!! A for effort though, right!

3 comments:

Moriah said...

Scarlett likes to hang out in the bathroom when I'm taking a shower. Her favorite place is on the tub wall in between the shower curtain and liner. Sometimes she'll even peek into the shower instead of just batting the liner. Silly kitty!
We bought a crock pot recently and are exploring crock pot cooking. Last week we did pot roast. So we'll have to check out that website!
No idea about the pound cake-- maybe just making sure you put it in the middle of the oven?

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Rosie is a cutie:) Believe it or not, our cat Nobska, actually gets IN the shower with us! We nicknamed him "aqua cat" as he loves the water. He insists on us putting on the faucet in the tub a few times a day!
Sorry...no suggestions on the pound cake other than covering it with strawberries!

Love you
Mo

Anonymous said...

I'm not too much of a crock pot cooker, but I'll take a look. I like using my more neglected kitchen appliances! :)

As to the lemon pound cake, I'll send you my recipe. I've never had any trouble with it at all.

Happy cooking!