CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This past weekend I was housebound for over 2 days b/c of the non-stop snow. It snowed for 2 days strait. I decided to to finish up my Christmas baking and since I had sooo much time on my hand I took pictures. Below are the thumbprint cookies.


Below is the finished product. They are delicious!

Here is the way I wrapped up the bread and cookies. I also made delicious coconut macaroons half dipped in chocolate. We made up some plates for our neighbors and they were happy b/c they were snowed in too!
The last shot is one of Rosie taken a few weeks ago @ my mom's house. It was a really cold day and we visited my mom and my sister Maura. My mom's house is very cold and she has hardwood floors which tend to make it feel even colder!! Rosie would not get comfortable on the cold floors and she was driving me crazy. When my mom went in the other room to watch TV, Kyle, Maura & I played Scrabble. Little Missy decided she had had enough of the uncomfortable floor and Queen Bee parked herself right in my mom's favorite chair. It was the funniest thing b/c until she got in the chair she would not settle down. Once she got comfy she was out like a light. Boy does this dog have a lot of personality!!!


Remember our 42 inch TV that I blogged about? Well we had the furniture/tv stand delivered last Thursday. Thursday night when Kyle got home he took the TV out of the box and put it on the new piece of furniture. He plugged the TV in and there was no power. After spending a great deal of time trying to figure out what was going on he came to the conclusion that we were given a defective TV. Needless to say, we were annoyed. After having that huge box in our office for weeks, we are so ready to have everything set up. We were really looking forward to lounging on the couch and watching movies while we were snowed in. Kyle was going to exchange the TV on Saturday but they were closed due to the snow and were too short staffed on Sunday. We are now planning to go on Xmas eve, just what I want to do on Xmas Eve. Thankfully we both have a light work week. We are both working Monday & Tuesday and are off the rest of the week.
We may have a big adoption announcement coming soon. We are being extra cautious b/c we've had some recent disappointments that thankfully we did not announce. I'm just asking for everyone to please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and as soon as we feel safe announcing it we will. Ok, so lots of prayers please and hopefully 2009 will be the year we are finally parents.



3 comments:

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait and Kyle

So much going on with you! Cute cookies, sorry to hear about the tv fiasco...glad to hear you were with KerryLou and Maura..is Maura home for Christmas?

I am praying EVERY day for you both on adoption, and lit a candle in front of The Infant of Prague at the Cathedral for special intention for you.

Love you all very much

Mo

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Thanks Aunt Mo- You rock!!!
That pic was taken a few weeks ago when Maura was home visiting mum. How is Nobska???
Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the prayers. We need all the help we can get.
love ya,
c
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look yummy. Rosie is adorable, and I hope that TV FINALLY rocks! But most of all, I hope you get everything you've been praying for in 2009. You deserve it! ;)