CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Garrett's1st Communion & Other Stuff

Hi All,
Today our nephew Garrett had his 1st Communion. It was a very special day and I took lots of pictures. The picture to the left is Garrett with us. Today was also our niece Lauren's 10th b-day and her brother's 1st Communion is next weekend. Needless to say, we will be really busy the next couple of weeks with family stuff.

It has been a crazy week. I got cellulitus on my foot and ankle on Monday night. Thank god I caught it early enough this time. Last time I had it I had to be hospitalized for a few days. Thankfully this time since it was caught early enough it was treated with one shot of IV antibiotics at the Dr's office and then oral antibiotics. In case you don't know what cellulitis is here is a little blurb:

Cellulitis (sel-u-LI-tis) is a common, potentially serious bacterial skin infection. Cellulitis appears as a swollen, red area of skin that feels hot and tender, and it may spread rapidly.
Skin on lower legs is most commonly affected, though cellulitis can occur anywhere on your body or face. Infections on the face are more common in children and older adults. Cellulitis may affect only your skin's surface — or, cellulitis may also affect tissues underlying your skin and can spread to your lymph nodes and bloodstream.
Left untreated, the spreading infection may rapidly turn life-threatening. That's why it's important to seek immediate medical attention if cellulitis symptoms occur.


On a happy note, Kyle has a new job @ Comcast and he's really excited about it! We also get free cable and Internet so I will be even more of a couch potato. DVR here I come!!!! Congrats Kyle- I'm proud of you!
Tomorrow we are doing chores around the condo and then having an early dinner with my old high school friend Natalie & her partner Stephanie. We can't wait to see them both!

Below are a few more shots from today.

Michaela, Lauren & Sarah








My dad & Kyle






Lauren, Kyle and Caroline being goofy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, that's right. I remember when you used to get cellulitisis. Feel better soon! My niece Sierra had her first communion last weekend too. :)

Congrats to Kyle on his new job! And you will both love the DVR! It rocks!

Anyway, email me soon.

((((HUGS))))