CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We Are Getting Fingerprinted!


Hi All,

I saw this picture online last week and thought it was super cute and had to share. You all know how I love dogs. If only I could get Rosie to do this.

We had a very busy weekend with our nieces Courtney and Lauren. We took pictures but Kyle has not uploaded them yet so I'll post at a later date. On Friday night we had dinner at one of our favorite Thai places. I was disappointed b/c the Pad Thai was really off. Every once and awhile the taste of it is off and it was also too soupy! Of course this lead to me decide that we had to have dessert. We hardly ever order dessert but I've always wanted to try the fried ice cream there. BTW, we go to this Thai place on a regular basis. The fried ice cream was yummo!! Of course I had to find a picture online in case anyone hasn't had fried ice cream. Ours looked pretty similar except it had chocolate sauce instead.

On Saturday, Kyle left home early to go to a home show in Providence, RI with our brother-in-law Jay. I spent the day with the girls. We went and saw the movie College Road Trip, see link below. http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/collegeroadtrip/ It was actually a really cute movie. Kyle met us for dinner @ Not Your Average Joe's, http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/. Since it was Courtney's b-day weekend she got to pick where we ate. Lauren really wanted us to go to this Japanese steak house that she recently went to for a b-day party but since it was Courtney's b-day, she won. So, we promised Lauren we would do a birthday weekend for her & go to the Japanese place. I'm psyched b/c I've always wanted to go to a Japanese Steakhouse. Boy do the kids keep us busy.

My sister-in-law, Nicole (Courtney's mom) joined us with her four other kids at the restaurant. After dinner, we drove back to the condo and watched Princess Diaries Two. It was a really cute movie. The girls were very giddy during the movie due to huge amounts of candy consumption. However, they were really good and went to bed without hesitation. I have a spare wheelchair and they just want to play in it all the time! It is funny how my old dumpy wheelchair can entertain them so easily!

The next morning we were awaken by the girls. Apparently, the batteries had died during the night to the Carbon monoxide detector and it was giving the beep signal that the batteries needed replacing. Kyle pulled them out and we got up and had pancakes for breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes for the girls and blueberries for us. We then met up with my mom and all went to church. After church we drove to the mall to get a coffee drink that the girls had tried on Saturday-decaf for the kids of course! We then dropped off the girls and went home and took a nap. That night was kind of a let down. It was very quiet again. I did make a pretty good dinner for us though (bllackened salmon, wild rice and broccoli.) I've been trying to eat more salmon b/c it is so good for you but it definitely is not one of my favorite fishes.

Ok, so... on to getting fingerprinted. We got notification by mail last Friday that we have an appointment at the INS-immigration & naturalization services, to get fingerprinted. This is part of the I-600A process which allows us to adopt a foreign born infant. We were surprised that the INS contacted us so quickly because we just sent our application in a few weeks ago. So, things are progressing on the adoption front. We should receive our passports in a few weeks and we just finished an adoption training guide and 19 homework assignments that went with it.

There has been a lot of issues going on in Vietnam and there is a chance that the county could stop adoptions if things don't change. Evidently there have been cases when birth parents have been forced into giving up their children under false pretenses i.e. they will eventually get them back. Unless Vietnam gets this issues settled there is talk that Vietnam could close this September. We've been assured that if all our information in processed by then than we should be ok. I really hope that we can have everything completed by then. Please keep us in your prayers b/c if Vietnam closes we are pretty much up a creek without a paddle. At the same time, we don't want it to stay open if corruption is going on, so it is a hard situation. We have to just hope and pray that it will all work out. For more info on what is going on with adoptions in Vietnam check out the link below from our adoption agency:

http://www.vorf.org/?tab=2&page=4&id=28

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you arevery busy! Good luck (and I subscribed, but I'm bummed I didn't get an update). BTW, I LOOOOOOOOOVE pad thai too, and I hate when it doesn't taste right! Isn't it funny how a w/c can be so entertaining? :)

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait, Kyle & Rosie!

Sounds like you had a great weekend with the girls! It reminds me of the many fun times I had with you and your siblings growing up! I have always loved my role as Aunt...and glad to see you enjoying it so much as well.

Great news on the fingerprinting...let's hope its a sign that things will move along at a good pace! I realize how anxious you must be about any potential issues with Vietnam. You are all in my daily prayers!

Much love
Mo

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Kerri-
I'm so disappointed that you are not getting the emails when I update. If you start getting them please let me know or if anyone else signed up & is getting them please let me know. I worked soooo hard to figure out how to add that feature. Ugh! We just got back from Boarders and bought 2 books on Vietnam. We have so much to learn. Kyle knows SOOOO much already. I checked out your blog. Thanks for the update. Let me know how things go on the union front.

love, C

Mo,
Thanks for your comment. We had a great time w/ the girls. It did remind me of all the good times I had w/ you as a kid. I still remember the New Kids concert w/ bridget and going on your boat. So many good memories. I miss having you closer. Hey did you ever try making the raisin sause? I sent you the recipe, right???
Love,
c