CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day ,Cait's New Do and a Yummy Sunday dinner

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.




I'm not wearing green today but I do have on my shamrock sox, necklace (CVS- for .99) and a neat shamrock bracelet.


Below are a few shots of me with my new hairdo. It really isn't that different just shorter in the back. I also don't have as many layers as I have for the past few years and she also straited the back. The pics were taken on my cell so they aren't the best quality.






















Goofy Cait







We had a great date night on Friday night. Dinner was ok but still fun and realizing to go out. We saw "The Alps" and loved it!!! Not only was the scenery spectacular but the storyline itself was great and very touching. I highly recommend going if it comes to your area. On Saturday, we got our passport photos taken but we were not able to submit our applications because our local post office only processes them on weekdays! ugh! Oh well, one step @ a time. We will aim to get the passport applications submitted next weekend. I just need to find a post office in our area that accepts them on the weekends.
Ravioli with Balsamic Brown Butter (yummy and super easy)




18 to 20 ounces store-bought ravioli (cheese, mushroom, or squash) ( I bought the reduced fat & could not tell the difference)




6 tablespoons unsalted butter ( I used 4 instead of 6)




2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar




1/2 teaspoon salt




1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper




1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts ( I used more!)




1/4 cup grated Parmesan -(I used crumbled blue b/c it makes the sauce delicious and creamy)




Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain ravioli onto a large serving platter.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the foam subsides, and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes, turn off the heat. Let cool for about 1 minute. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Transfer the ravioli to the pan saucepan with the balsamic brown butter. Sprinkle walnuts and Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! I have to make that one!

I couldn't find anything good and green to wear today. Have on a sweater/jacket that is green. I have green raindeer on my socks.
:-)

awesome news about the adoption agency progress! did you know that sometimes international adoptions qualify for some minor adoption assistance from your local DSS? depends on your state's definition of special needs. in GA a child has to be white & over age 8, black over age 1, sibs of 3 or more, sibs of 2 when one meets another of the criteria, and children with diagnosed medical/psychological/emotion issues. international adoptive parents can qualify for up to $2000 related to the actual adoption of the child (court costs, travel, etc.) Might be something to look into. I tried to look at the MA info on the web, but it was too hard to dig through. There is a state office about subsidies--so they would likely be your best bet. Local offices may or may not know the answer. The local office that did your home study might know also.

anyhow, rambling. Hair looks great!!

Love,
Brig

Cinnamon said...

Cait,
I got your blog off of Kelly's site. Welcome to the world of adoption. We are also with VORF and are waiting to be matched. Good luck with the dossier.

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

C-mon,
Thank you SO much for writing!!!!I found Kelly's blog and just got addicted. Her daughter is beyond precious and I loved reading about their journey to Vietnam as we are starting one ourselves. Can I please have your email so we can chat more. We just finished our home study and are waiting on I-600A approval. I am a little worried about everything going on in Vietnam but I just need to think positively. Your daughter is precious! How old is she. Please email me with your email if that is ok with you :)
Cait

Brig- thanks 4 the info. You are the best. I will look into our local DSS agency to see if we have anything similar in MA. Try my recipe.
Love,
c

Kelly said...

Hey! Just checking out your blog and have it marked to follow along. I just emailed you so we can chat some more.