CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Progress with Home Study

We made a good deal of progress this past weekend with our adoption checklist for the home study. We were able to go to the bank and get forms notarized. That was a big one. Thankfully our bank is open on Sundays. Kyle was sick most of the weekend so we had a very low-key weekend. He was trying to take it easy but he still managed to get rid of our Xmas tree and put away a lot of the Xmas decorations. We have so many!

Anyway, back to the adoption process, we both officially finished out autobiographies last night. They were a lot of work but they are finished. Now we need to mail those to the Social Worker and all the individuals that we asked to be references for us. Now we just have to keep plugging away at our “To Do List.” We both still have to have our Dr’s fill out a medical form. I have to get a “special” letter from my doctor that specifically says that my disability will not interfere with my ability to parent. I’m telling you, it is SO much harder to adopt than to have your own child.

Other than plugging away at all this, we haven’t been up to much. We really wanted to see a movie this past weekend but the theaters near us did not have any of the movies we wanted to see. We love to go to the movies but we never go. I really want to see Juno.

I’m in a rut lately with recipes. I’m sick of everything and really need to change things up a bit. I did make Snicker Doodle Maple cookies (yum) for my hubby this weekend and homemade chicken soup (boring.)

I have a new schedule at work that I’m really excited about. Instead of having Mondays off I have Friday off and I work at home Tuesdays and Thursday. Whooo!!! That means I’m only in the office twice a week. I think this will work out better b/c the traffic isn’t as bad on Mondays. Plus, my mom is off on Fridays which means I get to hang with her. I love my mom. OK, folks that is it from us. We’ll keep you posted on things.

4 comments:

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait, Kyle and Rosie

We were like you this weekend...taking down the tree and putting away all the decorations...its always such a letdown, isn't it?

We went to see the movie "The Atonement" - it was good, though depressing:(

I have been engrossed with political news - always the news junkie, I am even more so in this primary season. I find myself in a very unusual position of still not knowing who to support! Since I was 18 I have always been firmly behind a candidate, but this year - I just don't know! so much is at stake - and I am not thrilled with the choices.

I realize you are all on a long and hard path to adoption - I hope that the home studies and paperwork go smoothly - you both will be such great parents!

My love to you all.
Mo

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Hi Mo-
Yes, it is kind of sad to take the Xmas Stuff down. I love the way our home looks with all the decorations.
Thanks for the movie info. Kyle really wants to see Atonement. Do you think we should wait for it to come out on DVD?
I bet you are glued to the TV w/ the NH primary. I talked to Klou earlier and she is for Oboma. I'm still undecided. Thanks for the positive adoption comments. We can't wait. Love youtons.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you guys! (((Hugs)))And it's nice that your work schedule changed!

Anonymous said...

Yep, there is no test to take to have a birth child but oodles of hoops to jump through to adopt a child that is waiting for a family.

I know it can be a long and sometimes frustrating process, but you will do great and we are so happy for you guys!

Love,
Brigette