CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Awaiting Nor'Easter

Hello :)

Well, Kyle asked if we could make one of my favorite recipes "Nor'Easter Beef Stew a few days ago not knowing that we'd be dealing with a real Nor'Easter. Evidently we are supposed to get close to a foot of snow tomorrow. I've already realized that there is no way I'm going to work tomorrow unless their prediction is a total wash.

We've had yet another low-key weekend. This past Friday was my first Friday off with my new schedule. I headed to my mom's house around 11:00 & she helped me with some things I needed to do for the adoption process. I had to get copies of my birth certificate and our marriage license. Instead of me going into the various town halls my mom did. It made things go a lot quicker. As most of you know, things take longer with me because I have to transfer and get in and out of the van, etc. Anyway, my mom was so helpful. I think she is just so excited to be a grandmother again that she'll do anything to speed the process along. After that we got lunch at our favorite salad place and split an amazing salad. It is huge that is why we split it. Then we decided we'd rent a movie. We rented Two Weeks with Sally Field. I think it was initially a TV movie, maybe HBO. It was good but extremely DEPRESSING. We were sobbing throughout the whole movie pretty much. Sally Field's character has terminal cancer and her four children come to spend the last two weeks of her life with her. It was soooooo sad. In retrospect it wasn't the best choice because my mom is 70 and I know she is at the point where she is thinking a lot about her own mortality. Then I started to stress about how I'm ever going to live without my mom. I just love her so much.

We have the Social Worker coming on Thursday to meet with both Kyle and I individually so this weekend we've been getting our condo cleaned and organized. On Saturday morning we had to take Rosie to the vet to get her Rabies vaccine. She is such a good girl.

We still haven't decided on which country we will adopt from. I'm still researching countries and it and seems like the rules change every other day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caitlin and Kyle (of course Rosie)

I think you mentioned the movie, "Juno"....I saw it a few weeks ago and I think you both would love it...the star of the show is Ellen Page and my sister Peg's good friend Eleanor who lives is Ipswich is her great aunt. Ellen lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia...she plays a 16 year old girl in the film and I believe she is 21 herself..she seems like a great little actress and wants to continue living in Nova Scotia !!
Give Rosie a hug for me...
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

OH GOD!!!!!!!!
There'd be NO WAY in HECK I'd watch that. Ugh. :( On the upside, Juno and 27 weddings are supposed to be good. I can't wait to watch them. Also, I'm recording the Jane Austin movies that are on PBS lately. I'm such a sap. :)
Good luck with everything!

P.S. Thanks for reading my cheesy blogs now! Yay. It's great to see you there, even though my blogs are boring. :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you warm weather! Send a little of the snow down here please!! Haven't seen it down here in so long. Justin is itching for it!

Have some hot cocoa and wrap up with a cozy blanket!

My mom and I just saw "P.S. I Love You." Cute and tear jerking. Some hottie Irish men with lovely Irish accents also. :-)

I need a beef stew receipe--please share!

Love,
Brig

Tami said...

Yeah, where's the recipe? I got all excited...

Um, and I can't imagine choosing that tear-jerker of a movie...it sounds depressing and I don't want to contemplate my parents' mortality - it makes me anxious!

Now, I totally have to see 27 Dresses, because it may just be the story of my life...it appears to be headed that way at least, only without James Marsden hitting on me.

Anonymous said...

I have to write again.;) Yes, P.S. I love you was AWESOME! And had awesome Irish accents (swoon). My friend and I were hesistant to see it, but it was great. But I'd see anything that had hot men AND Irish accents. Haha.

And I have no doubt you'll be posting the stew recipe. :)