CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy New Year

Hi All,

We hope everyone had a nice Holiday. I can't believe 2008 is almost here. Before I forget, I wanted to post the Macaroon recipe. They are seriously delicious and so easy. I made them for my friends at work and they were a big hit!

Coconut Macaroons
14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large egg whites at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.


Once the cookies cool off, I melt chocolate in a microwave safe dish (like Baker's semi-sweet) and dip half the cookies in the chocolate. Make sure you then put the cookies on wax paper b/c the chocolate will stick to the plate.

We had a really nice Christmas. We are now having a low key weekend. I was sick on Friday and didn't start feeling better until this afternoon. We are just planning to do chores around the condo and get organized for our big meeting on Monday. We have the Social Worker coming to our home on Monday 12/31 to start the adoption home study. We've both been working on our autobiographies which need to be 4-8 pages. I'm having a harder time with it than I thought I would. I guess it is the childhood stuff that I'm finding hard. I know it will all come together though.

We hope everyone has a happy and fun New Years and we'll keep everyone posted on our adoption Journey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas! Mine was nice although I have to return about 50% of what I got too. :) Those cookies look yummy. Happy New Year!

Tami said...

Yay! Recipe!

Yay! Homestudy!

Boo! Homework! 4-8 pages? Pressure...how did it go on Monday? Need details! (Also need sleep - maybe it will improve my grammar.)

Happy New Year!

Tami said...

Yay! Recipe!

Yay! Homestudy!

Boo! Homework! 4-8 pages? Pressure...how did it go on Monday? Need details! (Also need sleep - maybe it will improve my grammar.)

Happy New Year!