CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy 1st Blogiversary




Hello All,


Kyle thinks it is too early to do a new post since I only did the most recent one two days ago. However, my hubby just reminded me that it has been one year since we've started this blog. I figured I'd say hi and post the promised picture of this year's Christmas tree and Rosie with her cute Christmas bandanna from her biggest fan Jeanette, my former co-worker.


We are having a major snow storm. So far it is the biggest one this winter. It has been snowing since I left work @ 12:30. I had to pick Kyle up at the train station around 2:30 and it took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to drive from the train station to our condo, which is 3.5 miles. Needless to say I was soooooooooo annoyed.


Luckily I'm working at home tomorrow (Friday) so I don't need to deal with the snow. That is one good thing about my job-they are very accommodating. Right now we are organizing the condo because we have our niece and nephew sleeping over tomorrow night. We plan to make sugar cookies with them. Right now I am making chocolate crinkles (anyone heard of them?), which I've never made before. My sister Megan is having a Xmas party on Saturday night and I am planning to bring my new favorite cookie recipe (Macaroons half dipped in chocolate.) They are soooooooooo delicious. If the crinkles come out good, I'll bring those too.
Above is what the Macaroons look like before they get dipped. I've decidedthey are my FAVORITE cookie and they are so easy to make! If anyone wants the recipe, let me know :)


Here is a good shot of our tree. Kyle wanted me to clarify that our tree is 7 feet, not 8 ft as I previously stated. It is so pretty. I went shopping today for Kyle's stocking and he saw one of his presents that I got him, so I decided to let him have it early. It is an ornament of the abdominal snowman from Rudolph. I thought I was buying Burl Ives but I was wrong. I really need to learn my Christmas characters better since I am married to "Mr. Christmas."


Anyway, I gotta go check on my cookies. Hope to hear from more readers soon :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversary! :)
Rosie looks adorable, the tree is gorgeous and the macaroons sound delicious.
"The fam." is totally not in the Xmas mood this year, which annoys the crud outta me, because I TOTALLY am. :) Oh well. :)

It's pretty dang cold here lately--in the 30's. But it's not snowing, so I am sorry that you have to deal with that. :( I know how you feel about wheels and snow.

At least you may have a white Christmas! :)

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Kerri-Thanks for responding. We get so excited when our friends write us :) Anyway, I just edited the post to include a picture ofmy delicious Macaroons. They are soooo good. I just sent you an email, so I won't bore everyone else but we most certainly will be having a white Christmas. Stay warm :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! We got quite a bit of snow too. Why did we move away from CA? Maybe I'll start feeling more Christmassy soon-- Eric's mom has been in the hospital since Thanksgiving, and my grandma has been in and out of the hospital since October. At least the lights are up outside...

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait, Kyle and Rosie!

Love your tree...Rosie looks SO cute!! She makes me want to get a dog:) Definitely would love those macaroon cookie recipe..I am supposed to make desserts for Christmas Day.

Miss you all very much! Much love
Mo

Tami said...

Ooh, those macaroons look delish! Please share the recipe! My brother (Joe) made excellent macaroons this year, but they involved constant stirring in a double boiler...

Now..."abdominal snowman?" You know I can't let that go... It's just too abominable!

And no snow here...barely any rain, though we had some tonight.