CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

70th B-day, Cait's mom and the Adoption Journey

From the far right- Kyle, Heather (sister), Alyssa (niece), Caryl (mom) and John (brother)

Hi Everyone,

We haven't written in awhile and wanted to give a little update. Last weekend we had a 70th b-day lunch for Kyle's mom at local restaurant. Above is a picture I took at our condo after lunch. It was a very nice day and Kyle's mom was really happy to have all her family together. I am missing from the picture and so is Jay (Heather's husband.)

Here is a shot of the delicious B-day cake!


My mom had surgery this week and she stayed over our condo Friday night. We had a lot of fun. A few years ago, I came across an article in Real Simple magazine on interviewing your parents. I have been wanting to interview my mom since I read the article b/c it gives 3 pages of questions to ask. I just thought it would be neat to have an oral history of my mother , so I recorded her and got lots of info. Some of the questions were things like "What is your favorite book & why" and "What is your best and worst childhood memory?" It is nice to know that I will always have her voice to listen to.

This is a shot of Alyssa and Rosie. Alyssa LOVES Rosie sooo much! You can also get a glimpse of our new rug that is under our kitchen table!

This weekend was be pretty low-key. I hung out with my mom yesterday and watched an awful movie (The Age of Innocence.) Kyle & our brother-in-law Jay headed to the new Bass Pro Shop near Gillette stadium (where the Patriots play.) They both loved it, but since it just opened and it was completely mobbed. To my surprise, they came home empty handed. After that, we headed out to dinner at the Olive Garden and met up with Heather (SIL) and Alyssa (niece pictured above.) After dinner we went to Pier 1 b/c I had a gift certificate and then Target. It is Amazing how easy it is for us to spend money at Target! I love that store!


Today Kyle got his hair cut and he looks so handsome :) He gets his haircut at the local mall, so I went with him and did a little Xmas shopping :) Now we are home and have about an hour before we have to head to our nephew Garrett's family birthday party. On our way out to the mall we ran into our neighbor's new black lab puppy! OMG she so beautiful. I can't wait until we have a house with a yard so we can get Rosie a sibling. Oh, speaking of expanding our family... we finally sent in the adoption application. I am now waiting for them to call us to set up the home study! We are excited but we have a lot of work ahead of us.... Ok, hope everyone is doing well. Much love from us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are good. Good luck and the journey of it all, I hope the adoption process goes quickly, smoothly and most of all successfully! Hope you had a good thanksgiving. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Awesome! What type of adoption are you doing? International or private? Let me know if you have any questions, I might be able to help since I do home studies like that all the time!! Just for adoptions from foster care!

Hope you are well!!
Love,
Brigette