CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Our New Stove & My First Homemade Cake!

Here is our new stove. We had it installed on 9/10. So far, it is working well. I love the storage drawer underneath. We didn't have one on our last stove. Since my hubby & I both like sweets I decided to try making my first cake ever! I went with a bunt cake recipe that I've had forever, but never tried making. The recipe is "Chocolate Chip Bunt Cake," and since Kyle LOVES chocolate chip cookies, I thought the cake would be a big hit. He wasn't as into it as I expected.

OK, not a flattering pic of me, but I wanted a shot of me and the cake. When I took it out of the pan, about a quarter of the cake stuck to the pan (notice the missing piece?)



Here is a close up shot. I tried to cover up the missing piece. Kind of obvious, huh?
The cake was delicious and super moist. I think it was so moist because of the sour cream and the vanilla pudding in it. Yummy! I wound up giving most of the cake away because I was the only one eating it & I figured the best thing to do was just get it out of the condo. I brought it into work and shared it with 2 of my co-workers.
My sister Maura is headed to MA for her exhibit at Wellesley College (Hilary Clinton is an alumni.) See Link ::http://www.davismuseum.wellesley.edu/exhibitions/exhibitions_global_feminisms1.html

Kyle and I are going to see the show on Wednesday night after work. Kyle didn't get to see the show in NYC, so I'm excited for him to see what an awesome job Maura did.
Anyway, that is about it for this week, so far anyway!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool stove!! i miss having a drawer under the stove. that is where our broiler is and it is super annoying to have down there. i need somewhere to store my cookie sheets!!

my bundt cakes almost always stick, even in non stick pans and even with spraying with spray and flouring. still taste good though! and your cake looks very yummy!

-brigette

Tami said...

Caitlin - my "secret" to getting bundt cakes to come out of their pans perfectly is to use Baker's Secret non-stick spray. It's the non-stick spray with the flour built in. Just be careful maneuvering around the floor after spraying, because it will make things very slippery (I guess it is meant to!). Also - I have Moriah's awesome master bundt cake recipe that I love. If you want it... muahahahaha...I need to see if I can find it now.

Great new stove, btw!

Anonymous said...

Tami-

Yes, I was Moriah's recipe!!!!
Ok, so I'll by that spray you mentioned. Stupid question.. you use the sprat in the pan then sprinkle the flour, right?
Thanks!
Cait

Anonymous said...

Love the new stove, and cake Caitlin! (Yes, spray the pan first). :)

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait and Kyle

Nice stove - I miss having a gas stove - it is so much better than electric!

I have been looking at apple recipes - since that season is around the corner - want to make some apple crisp!

Give my love to Maura!

Mo

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for commenting. It is so exciting to get comments.

Kerri- I did spray the pan & flour it but I guess the spray I used wasn't good. I'm going to take Tami's advise and get the spray she suggested.

Mo-KLOU has a great apple crist recipe. want me to get it for you???

Tami said...

Caitlin - the Baker's Secret has the flour already in it, so you do not need to take the extra step of flouring the pan after spraying. I believe Pam now has a spray with the flour in it as well, but I haven't tried it, so can't vouch for it.

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait

Yes, please get KerryLou's apple crisp recipe! Its just starting to turn cool here in Seattle the past couple of days...and apple picking is around the corner!

Love
Mo