CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Autumn is here!

This past Tuesday night, my sister Maura was in town as I mentioned in a previous post. My mother (far right) , sister Megan (next to mom in brown) and Maura and her friend Tracey went to eat at a fabulous restaurant. As some of you may know, my mother managed a restaurant for 17 years and all of my sisters & I worked there at some point. Around 10 years ago the restaurant closed. It opened about a year later under a different ownership & name, but it didn't do well and closed shortly thereafter. Anyway, it is open again and is called the Scarlett Oak Tavern & it seems to be doing really well. http://www.scarletoaktavern.com/

The menu was really diversified, which I love. We ate in the pub though because it is super expensive. I wish they showed pictures on the website because it is an old beautiful New England farm House that was converted to a restaurant many years ago.
Tami--if you are reading this- this is the place that is haunted that I told you about & in case your wondering, the ghost is still playing pranks!!! Anyway, we chatted with the wait staff at length about the ghost. It was fun :)

This weekend we attended an adoption informational session on Saturday morning. It was very informative and we have a lot to learn. It is somewhat overwhelming and I find myself feeling sad, frustrated and overwhelmed with the blatant discrimination that occurs againist people with disabilities. There are so many countries that won't even consider us because of my disability and it is just heart breaking. After the meeting we ran some errands and tried to enjoy the glorious weather. It has been absolutely gorgeous!!!

On Sunday we headed to Boston to meet friends. Kyle's good buddy from college, Bob, is an expert on Boston and he gave us a tour. It was great. Bob wrote a book on Boston that can be purchased at the following link:
http://dorrance.stores.yahoo.net/discoverboston.html

Well, that is about it so far. No word on my "dream job" yet. We are headed for our camping trip this weekend and hope to take lots of pics to post! Have a great week.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Ha! I was SO going to ask if you questioned them about the ghost! Too bad it wasn't open when Mighty Mo & I were up (and Eric, of course). I may just have to visit again.

Sorry to hear about the adoption thing, & it's an outrage to me too! I think you'd be a terrific mother, and your disability would not hinder you from raising a child. Best of luck on that score. Maybe surrogacy wouldn't be a bad option (totally expensive though).

Anonymous said...

Just another thing we are discriminated about! :( I am soooo sorry, keep trying all your options. I know you would be fantastic parents!

Great pic too!
Hugs!

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait and Kyle

Great picture of all of you at the old restaurant! I remember many a great meal there!

Everyone looks wonderful!

Sorry to hear about the adoption meeting - years ago when Tim and I considered adoption - we went through the ringer - and at that time I was able-bodied. I will keep you both in my prayers that something will break on that front!
I wish there was something profound I could say, but just know all of us who love you are hoping for the best!

Glad to hear you had fun in Boston with Kyle's friend...its such a great city - we really miss it!

Have fun camping! take lots of pics.

Love
Mon