CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, we finally have our first snow storm of the season bearing down on New England. As usual, the TV stations are blowing it way out of proportion. They are making it seem like the blizzard of 78' is bearing down on us again. For most of Massachusetts they predict 3-9" of snow, hardly anything to freak out about. The Buffalo area has been getting pounded with snow, day after day... Now that would be something to freak out about...

Anyway, Today is V-day and we had to post a picture of our cute Rosie with her V-day scarf. Thanks to our friend Jeanette, she has a scarf for almost every holiday. I think the only one we don't have is Halloween. Overall we had a nice night. I made a yummy "Nor'easter Beef Stew," which came out fantastic if I might say so myself. It was actually really easy too, which is even better! Kyle liked it a lot but I think he still prefers my mother's. We also had a yummy salad to go with it. No pictures this time folks! However, if you want the recipe, let me know.

My thoughtful hubby gave me these beautiful flowers below! They are pink & white and I love them. Also notice my pretty V-day place mats and heart napkins behind the flowers, which I got for a total of $7.00 on sale @ HomeGoods I love when I get a good deal!
Well, off to go watch one of my favorite shows "Friday Night Lights." Two Netflix movies came in the mail today "The Departed" & "Half Nelson." We will watch those this weekend as I am in a mad rush to see as many Oscar nominated movies B4 the 25th. Have a great day!
















4 comments:

Tami said...

Pretty flowers! And why don't we have any HomeGoods stores out on this coast? So far, I am impressed with their prices!

And as far as snow goes...people expect the storms to be in Buffalo, so it doesn't make as many headlines when it hits there. (That's my personal theory at least.) And I got an email from Aunt Fran in Buffalo today, telling me she got up at 5:30am today to shovel out the driveway, and that it's a good thing she did.

Hmm...Cait? Maybe you need a scaled down snowblower attachment for your chair? j/k

Anonymous said...

Rosie is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute and the flowers are beautiful. I'm jealous. Stay dry! Hugs from me.

Anonymous said...

Thought everyone should know that Caitlin is solely responsible for my survival. I announced the day after payday that I'd be broke until we got paid again. She took it upon herself to start bringing in "samples" of her cooking to me. She'd done this many times before, but this time these "samples" were full blown meals. Most recipies on their blog I've enjoyed. Caitlin's culinary skills far surpass any pro's - except perhaps in the presentation. She plugs her delicious creations into gladware containers and commutes with them -which is a hassle in itself. I wanted to share with her friends and husband how much I appreciate all of her generosity, thoughtfulness, hard work, grocery shopping, preparing, cooking, packing and transporting many breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Last weekend she sent me home with cranberry chicken and stuffing, then apologized for not including a side vegetable! I wonder if Kyle realized that he'd been providing for me along with his family? Caitlin made chili that she dubbed "nasty" but didn't want to waste it - so she wisely brought it to work where the gluttonous scavengers would inhale it...and they did. The chili was so good and everyone loved it, including our boss, the "Twister" -who is very FINIKY. Caitlin deserves a huge thank you and I truly loved and thoroughly enjoyed her homemade cooking. Just this morning I had her Nor'easter beef stew and a homemade brownie for breakfast. We're lucky to have such a good friend who is also a great chef! Thank you so much Caitlin! Love, 2TonAnnie

Anonymous said...

Yes, Caitlin and her cooking skills are awesome. :) However, knowing that she is such an awesome cook makes me feel like a far less superior being. :)

Haha. :)