CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 21, 2009

Good Riddance 2009

I’m very ready to say bye to this year. It has definitely been one of the worst years of my life. We are really hopeful that things will be better in 2010. We hope that all works well with the surrogacy and that we’ll be parents by this time next year.
I know a lot of you are curious as to what the next step is for surrogacy. Our new insurance through Kyle’s work kicks in on January first. Once we get our new insurance cards we will call the fertility group, Boston IVF that we are working with and they will begin the prior approval process with the insurance. Once we get the approval I will start taking the fertility meds to increase the amount of eggs I produce. I will take the meds for around 10 days. Once my Dr. feels that my eggs are in good shape, I will have day surgery to remove my eggs. The next step after that is invitro fertilization, also known as IVF.
I will try to blog more when this is going on to keep everyone in the loop. We would appreciate prayers during this time. I am really fearful of having some adverse reaction to the fertility meds. I just hope I can get through it all without any issues. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
On a different note, all of our presents are bought for Christmas. I’ve been baking up a storm and have enjoyed sharing the yummy baked goods. This year I made fudge & peppermint bark for the first time. They were both very easy and delicious. I also made the standard goodies which include macaroons, cranberry orange nut bread and thumb print cookies.
We will visit Kyle’s mother on Christmas Eve and exchange gifts. Then later that night we’ll head to my brother’s home and my entire side will be there i.e. siblings, nieces and nephews. The following day we will have brunch at my sister Megan’s house.
My mother had a bad fall last week. Thankfully she didn’t break anything but she did hurt her head pretty bad and had 10 staples as a result. She is now staying at my sister Deirdre’s house for the winter. My mom isn’t thrilled with this arrangement but right now it isn’t safe for her to be alone. I am extremely stressed about her health. I just love her so much and really need her to be around for MANY more years.
That’s about it for now! We hope you all have a happy and healthy Holiday Season J

2 comments:

Adam said...

Oh man, an update, awesome!!! Cait, i know this year has been a bitch for you and yours and we can only hope and pray that is because G-d wanted this next year to seem even that much more magical!!

Its either that or there is no G-d and we'll be at war with Iran by March. Toodles. ;)

Happy New Year and a very Merry Christmas to you, Kyle & Rosalee.

Adam

Brigette said...

Hear hear! Lovely to see an update and Hope your holidays were great with your family and wishing you best of luck and sending you our prayers for an amazing 2010!!
Love, Brig, Justin and Colton