CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

And I thought a broken leg was bad....


Hi All,


I have not been blogging much b/c I've been pretty ill. I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks with a very bad bladder infection, partial bowel obstruction & 3 abscesses in my abdomen. Ugh! Kyle brought me to the ER on 8/15, and I never thought I'd wind up being hospitalized for 13 days! I am thrilled to be home, but the bummer is that I am on IV antibiotic for at least 3 weeks. Thankfully I'm not attached to an IV poll. However, I am attached to this IV pump thing that fits into a bag that looks like a fanny pack( see pic). I'm happy that I can be mobile but I still feel very restricted and am scared to venture off to far on my own to fear of pulling out the IV.
I am also very de-conditioned from being in bed for almost 2 weeks. Ugh! I am really discouraged by my streak of bad luck this year and being stuck at home is not helping things :-(
We were supposed to try adaptive camping this weekend on Cape Cod. Kyle even took Friday off and we can't go. I don't mean to be Debbie Downer but I'm just really overwhelmed with my current circumstance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cait-

You're not being a Debbie Downer. I understand your need to vent. I am so sorry that all of this is happening to you. I wish I could say something to make it all better, but I'll just tell you that you are in my thoughts.

Tracy

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

You have every right to feel frustrated and depressed. I am sorry about you having to cancel on adaptive camping, know you guys were really looking forward to that:(

Try to treat yourself to something fun while you are stuck at home...maybe you can have a game night? I know you are surrounded by many who love you...add me, even though I am on the left coast.

Love
Mo