CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our Tree






We bought our


Christmas tree last Friday night. When we got it home & Kyle put it in the stand he was disappointed as it was not as full as last year's tree. I knew it would look better once it was decorated and I kept telling him that "every tree need a home." So, the first is a shot of the tree from outside our condo and the other is a close up shot. I think it is so pretty :) Can you believe how expensive Xmas trees are? We paid $45 for this tree. I think $20-$25 is more realistic. I'm wondering if trees are expensive everywhere or just in the Northeast? yuck!


I have not really felt in the Christmas spirit. I have completed 90% of our shopping but since I have not felt like shopping I've mainly bought gift cards. One advantage of buying gift cards is that my spare bedroom is not overloaded with gifts!!!
Kyle and I bought a new 42 inch plasma TV as a joint Christmas gift. Kyle has wanted this for several years. We got a fabulous deal on it for 40% off. It was hard to resist with that price. We also had to buy a new stand because our current TV is much smaller. So, now the new TV is sitting in my office monopolizing the entire room. Ugh! The new stand is being delivered next Thursday so we'll have it all set up by Christmas. We are excited to watch movies on the new cool TV.
Before I close I had to post a picture of Rosie with her Christmas Antlers. She does not look happy but boy is she precious? We love her to pieces :)

3 comments:

Moriah said...

The tree looks very pretty! Good job. I have no idea about the price of Christmas trees as we have a little fake tree (mostly because we go up to Eric's parents for the holidays, but I would think that everything is expensive this year. I haven't really felt very Christmassy either, more cranky than anything else!
What kind of tv stand are you getting? We're looking at replacing ours with something that goes better with the rest of our stuff.

Anonymous said...

I think your tree looks great!
You can get trees cheaper than that here, so I'd guess it might be regional. Of course I live in an evergreen-y kinda place too.
Here the taller they are, the more expensive, but we have been seeing 6-7' ones for $20-$25. I think that's where we're aiming.
Next year I am hoping we can get signed up to be part of Boulder Counties brush clearing program which allows a certain number of folks to go into the parks and cut trees for free. It's a public service to the park since it keeps brush low and prevents forest fires, and we'd get a tree free! There are very limited slots though, so we missed out this year. Hopefully some day....

Anonymous said...

very nice!! we spent $20 on a 3-4 foot tree at Walmart! the had some at the same price that were 6-7ft at Home Depot but we missed out on the good ones. so we have a tiny tree this year, but it is cute.
Love,
Brigette