CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Kyle is in the Windy City

I miss my hubby and it has only been one day! Kyle is in Chicago for work and won’t be back until late Friday night. It is so weird to not have him home. I am already starting to appreciate all that he does for Rosie and I. I guess I take things for granted and this is a good reminder.

Last night I stayed up watching the Oscars. My mom always says not to bother watching the whole thing b/c you can find out exactly what happened the next day minus all the boring stuff. I wasn’t overly impressed this year with the awards show. I thought Jon Stewart was just okay as the host. I enjoyed Ellen better last year. Tonight I plan to watch “A Raisin in the Sun.” It looks like a really good remake of the original. We shall see!

I had the day off today because I had a dentist appointment, so I switched my Friday for a Monday. I’ll have to work from home on Friday which they normally don’t allow on Fridays but my boss made an exception since we are required to come in on Wednesday and Thursday for BORING meetings. By the way, my supervisor is moving to another section in our agency which sucks b/c he’s very fair and accommodating. We are all scared that we are going to get a drill sergeant.

I made a lot of progress today on adoption placement agencies. I’ve narrowed it down to two agencies. One is in Ohio and the other North Carolina. I think it is going to be a tough choice b/c they both seem great to work with and all the references I’ve emailed are great too. Part of me wants to go with the one in NC because the Ohio agency has only been doing adoptions in Vietnam since 06. However, the director of the Ohio agency is SOOOO nice, at least over the one. He is a single dad who had adopted 3 boys from Vietnam. I’m hoping to make a decision by this coming weekend and get our application in the mail early next week. I’m excited as we progress on this unknown journey.

Ok, that is about it for now! Hope all is well with everyone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohio! Then you can come and visit! I have a friend who has adopted from an agency in Ohio, and they're looking at adopting again, I think with another agency (not sure why exactly) I'll try and get the agency names...
Looking at booking disney world soon if you are still intersted.
Me