CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Long Overdue Pics from Kerry Lou's 70th!

The Birthday girl!



As most of you know we've been bad about posting lately. Things seem to get super crazy this time of year with lots of birthdays and just a ton to do. On June 3rd, my mother turned 70 years old. We didn't have a party b/c she said she didn't want one and she did have a big bash for her 60th. Anyway, all 5 of her children and their spouses took her out to one of her favorite restaurants called "The Barker Tavern." The Barker Tavern is located in the town we got married in, Scituate. http://www.barkertavern.com/vrtours.htm


Anyway, It was a great night!



My Mother and her 5 kids!



My mother is many things to many people & I wouldn't be where I am today without her love and support. For those of you who have never met my mom, I'm sorry you haven't had the chance to meet her b/c she truly is a great lady!

Ten Things-Lessons or Values My Mother Taught Me that are Worth Sharing :) (There are many, but here is just a sample)


10. As a woman, you can be whatever you want to be and you don't need a man to complete you!


9. Try your best. Even if you don't succeed, you still gave it your all.


8. The Courage to Persevere. One of our favorite quotes is " Courage doesn't always roar, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says " I will try again tomorrow."


7. The Importance of Family.



6. The Need to Forgive.



5. The Love of clothes, books & a good meal!


4. The importance of education.



3. The example of putting your children first.. no matter what.


2. The ability to express how I feel and to let those close know I love them by not just doing but actually saying "I love you." Never underestimate the power of those 3 words.

1. The importance of girlfriends. My mom has always been a woman with a lot of friends!



The list could be a lot longer!


I would not be who I am today if it were not for my mother. I love you mamma!!



Don't worry all! Kyle will be posting rug pictures soon :)


C & K


1 comments:

Maureen "Mo" Reilly said...

Cait...beautiful tribute to Kerry!
I couldn't agree with you more! My life has been blessed and enriched every moment I have known her!
It was a gift of my lifetime when she married into my family - and I have been grateful always for her love and friendship!